On behalf of all our staff, I welcome you to the 2012-2013 school year! We are looking forward to a partnership with you to ensure your child has access to all the necessary support from both home and school. Your child’s teacher and the rest of our staff are eager to be your partner in your child’s education, and we invite you to call or visit with us when you have a question regarding your child’s progress in school. We plan to keep you informed about school events and activities by sending regular newsletter, student planners, school website, school weekly and monthly calendar and bulletins as well as connect-ed.
Regardless of limited resources as a result of budget cuts, we still expect much of ourselves, of you and of your children. We remain committed to excellence and ask you to enter into an active partnership with us by ensuring that your child does the following:
1. Attend school daily and arrive on time. School starts at 8:00 AM sharp
2. Complete all homework assignments given by the teacher
3. Reads daily for enjoyment and to develop literacy skills to the highest level
4. Share daily experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life and check your child’s student planner
5. Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject.
I encourage you to join our school volunteer program so that our students can also benefit from the many talents and skills our parents can contribute. We seek volunteers to help us with the following:
1. Supporting teachers in a variety of tasks
2. Chaperone school activities
3. Reading with children who need extra help
4. Library support
5. Book Fair (Oct. & March)
6. CST Testing (April-May)
7. International Day (May)
8. Culmination Activities
9. Ensuring school routines are smooth at all times
I consider it an honor and privilege to be your school principal and look forward to meeting you. I welcome you and thank you for your support.
Dr. Edna Burems, Principal